Friday, February 26, 2010

Fried, Frazzled & Frozen with fear


The month of February came and went like a blur.

While the rest of Cebu ran the weekend races that filled the weekend race calendar, I ticked my TBR calendar (free for all those who subscribe to The Bull Runner on-line alerts/ mailing list. Subscribe na! Now Na!) with super duper long runs under the heat of the sun, the longest of which lasted for ten hours covering 66 kilometers -- a necessary prelude to the Bataan Death March 102.




Mid-February was taper time, but not for work at the office. It was a race against time. The goal was to finish all my pending pleadings before I fly out of Cebu for the BDM. At least my clients won't be defaulted even if I drop dead while running my first ultra. (Haha)

But it wasn't all run, run, run and work, work, work. I had fun posing for Island Souvenirs "I love Cebu" campaign -- a first and again probably the last for the Marathon Foodie.



One of the high points for the month of February was the launch of Marathon Foodie, the newspaper column. It appears every Friday over at Cebu Daily News.

But not even the new gig as sports columnist could distract me from being afraid of the unknown. I trawl facebook for Abby Jocson's and Takbo.ph's photos of the BDM race route and I'm
literally paralyzed with fear over the idea of running and walking all of 102 of unfamiliar roads.

It's eight days to D-day. I guess I'll never know unless I get out there and try. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the BDM 102, marathon foodie!

charles

Ling said...

i always look forward in reading your column every friday!

anyway good luck on you ultra! just think it's your tribute to all those who died during the war!

see you on the road!