Sunday, February 7, 2010

February Race Calendar


Run with a Smile
Date:
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Time:
6:00am - 9:00am
Location:
The Terraces, Ayala

The race features the 3-kilometer, 5K and 10K distances and will be open to all interested runners.

The registration fee is pegged at P250 with a discounted rate of P150 for students. The registration sites are located at dental clinics Green Apple (Ayala, near Belo Medical) and Citident (SM North Wing), Cebu Doctors University and Southwestern University.

Since it will be held on Valentine’s Day, the organizers will have a special prize for the first couple to cross the finish line together. Aside from the cash prizes, the
dentists will give free prophylaxis to the winners. (From Sun Star Daily Cebu, MCB.)


The CITE Foundation Day Fun Run is open to CITE students, CITE employees and alumni.
There's only 5km category for this event. Registration is pegged at P150 for students and P175 for alumni.



(Click poster to enlarge)

Registration for the 2ND CEBU ROTARY RUN ongoing at the PSC Office Abellana Sports Center, Toby's SM Northwing, Colette's Buko Pie SM branch (near National Bookstore), RUNNR Ayala Center Cebu. Registration Fee @ P150.00 with Race Kit.

Race Packet Collection starts on Feb. 15 - 19, 2010 at the FAIRTRADE shop room 102 Martinez Bldg beside Maybank... and Philamlife Jones Ave. Cebu City. For details call or text KENNETH CASQUEJO 09228650402 / 09173201896 or Jet Neric 09178193669

(Click route map to enlarge)

9 comments:

marykicksass said...

Hi Haids,
Still aching from run with a smile. I only did the 5k but i have been sedentary for a month so everything hurts. Just a few comments on this run;
1. it started late - the collaterals said 6am (which is already late)but the gun went off around 15 mins after 6. As a result, rec runners like me had the sun in our eyes on the way back. Very annoying.
2. inclusion of the old barracks in the route (Archbishop Reyes St., I think is the name of that street fronting Mikado) was ill-conceived. I thought that jogging to Proud Mary on my ipod was a good way to get my groove on, apparently a multi-cab from hell, literally at my heels was the way to do it. Seriously, that road is much to narrow for joggers, runners, pedestrian and demonic drivers to use all at the same time.
3. More agua. I would have thought that by now race organizers understood the important role that water stations play in this game. But then again, maybe not. There was no water to be had by the time i got to the first station on the 5k route. On my back, i had to drink water from a dipper (kabo doh!)from God-knows-where. My thirsty body said, to hell with it as my paranoid mind was going, eww eww eww.
4. garbage galore. On my way back i noticed that the road was littered with plastic cups. This is always the case in a run but it would have been better if the race organizers thought to include a clean-up crew in the budget. After all, the reg fee was a little on the steep side, appropriating funds for clean-up should not have been too difficult.

Well, my two-cents!

vard said...

i agree with you, there's no water at the finish line a lot of runners are complaining, lucky for me i have been training to run 10k w/ out water. regarding the collection of race packets for the rotary run better get ur race packets late probably on thursday/friday bcoz wen i went to fair trade shop this morning, i was told to come back on thursday.

Unknown said...

same sentiments here. moreso, we couldn't find any more marshalls on the way back. anyway, i hope the rotary run is better organized and planned.

vard said...

I registered for the 15K category for the rotary run, Im disappointed after getting my race packet knowing that i was registered in the 7K.

Ling said...

good thing I did not race!

after the CCM, organizers must increase their standards in organizing races! To Mary, I had that experience of nearly being hit by a puny multicab in a race last December! I know how it feels. Did you have that feeling that you wish to be Wolverine and gnash on the tires of that multicab? eah, I had that ill idea.

Water is essential to runners. That's the reason why I always carry a bottle of fluids on my right hand. I had that water nightmare last DSOS 10K run.

I hope organizers drop by and read MF's blogs and comments.

vard said...

hi, ling and mary, maybe you'd like to join run to the clouds, there are no multicabs on the race route :-)

marykicksass said...

Hi Ling,

I always feel like wolverine when im running so people should just get out of my way...hehehehe just kidding, i'm quite slow actually and i walk a lot. But i'm careful too (paranoid even)so if im almost run over or run over, you can be sure that the driver is either:
a)a sociopath
b)blind
c)someone who hates me with a vengeance

most city drivers fall in the a) or b) categories. cant really think of anyone who'd fall under c)-- except maybe old classmates....wahahaha! :D

@Vard - Run to the Clouds, heck yeah!I dont know if my knees will survive it (multicab or no multicab)but I'll crawl if i have to.

:)
~M

marykicksass said...

Hi Ling,

I always feel like wolverine when im running so people should just get out of my way...hehehehe just kidding, i'm quite slow actually and i walk a lot. But i'm careful too (paranoid even)so if im almost run over or run over, you can be sure that the driver is either:
a)a sociopath
b)blind
c)someone who hates me with a vengeance

most city drivers fall in the a) or b) categories. cant really think of anyone who'd fall under c)-- except maybe old classmates....wahahaha! :D

@Vard - Run to the Clouds, heck yeah!I dont know if my knees will survive it (multicab or no multicab)but I'll crawl if i have to.

:)
~M

Ling said...

@ Mary

try runninf to busay. it's a new route. the killer part will be the last two km. very steep and uphill na siya.