Monday, June 29, 2009

Kapamilya Run Timekeeping Clarified



In my earlier post, the Marathon Foodie raised questions about possible inaccuracies in the timekeeping during the 9th Kapamilya Run. I asked Annie Neric of Holiday Gym and Spa whether or not Veronica Ong was ommitted from the winners list. Annie immediately replied to my query on FB.

Marathon Foodie wrote:


"Hello Annie! Congratulations for being on the top ten of the Kapamilya Run. I'm writing a race report/ review for my blog and there are two things I want to point out to the organizers -- dismal water stations and mistakes in the time-keeping. I noticed that Victoria (Veronica) Ong was with your group, but I did not see her name in the top 10 finishers in the 10K women's open."

I was wondering if there was any discrepancy here. Would you know anything?


Excerpts from Annie's Reply:

"Thanks Haide. If it was Veronica Ong (She is the sister Of Jane-Jane Ong) you were referring to she registered under Executive B and not in the open category. Also, we saw the list of the top ten winners and she didn't make it talaga to the top ten. Jane Jane Ong and I registered under Executive A and not under the open category. Also, one of the executive runners (Executive A) named Steve Ferraren should have been included in the top ten winners but they called another runners name but we immediately called the attention of the race organizer and informed them of their mistake so it was settled right away."

So there it is. There was no mistake in the timekeeping. I will try my best to get the final race results and the individual time for all runners and post it here.

Thanks Anne! Congratulations too to the Cebu Executive Runners and the runners from Holiday Gym. Thank you Holiday Gym for leading us in the warm-up. See you all again next year.

Photo credit: Kenneth Casquejo

No comments: