Saturday, December 31, 2011

Forever 29

June 10, 2011


Photo credit: Madonna Sitoy



Today I turn 34 years old. In kilometers, that’s the distance between the Cebu Provincial Capitol and the edge of Barangays Poblacion and Taytay in Danao City up north.
The birthday itself feels just like any other day, except that there will be a mini lunch party at the office for the traditional birthday “bangka”, even though I have yet to see my first paycheck even after more than a month of work.

Being a health Nazi, I have prepared a healthy spread for the people at work -- tuna panga, crispy eel, kinilaw na Tangigue, steamed vegetable and tofu from Persian Palate, whole wheat naan and palabok for long life and carbo-loading for this Sunday’s Road Revolution, and Nacing liempo (the only less-fat, less-oil liempo, if one exists) for those who don’t eat vegetable or fish.

Of course the birthday won’t be complete without the husband, who has agreed to run with me today and join the Body Pump (weightlifting) and Body Combat (martial arts) challenge at the gym tonight. He wonders, if it’s a birthday celebration, “bakit puro pahirap activities mo?” To which I answered, “because Iwant more birthdays to come, and still look and run like I'm forever 29”. Cheers!

No comments: